Detour Spirits

Little Peaty

single cask, cask strength single malt Scotch whisky

Workhorse distilleries produce great spirit, which in 99% of cases, ends in some, often great, blended Scotch. I love workhorse distilleries and I love to explore the other 1% - the single malts. So here you have one, that’s a real treat - it’s a single malt, single cask, and even cask strength.

Distillery of origin:


Filling date:

February 2008

Cask type:

exBourbon Barrel cask

Bottling date:

January 2021

Bottle alcohol strength:


Number of bottles:

241 bottles

Story of release

I picked this cask based on a sample tasting with my friend John who is part of The Good Spirits team based in Hong Kong. John has got an impeccable nose and taste buds, and as we tasted a couple of samples, we immediately picked this barrel for bottling as soon as possible.

This particular whisky, with a lightly peated profile, was produced in the Teaninich distillery and aged just long enough in a refill cask. It shows the great DNA of the distillery and is a joy to drink. It is vibrant and youthful with peaty notes.

Contact us and discover the colourful world of Detour Spirits

Not sure what to do, or just want to discuss the possibilities? We’re here for you, fill out the contact form or email and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Viliam Tomcanyi

Independent bottler

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Want to know more about Detour Spirits?

Subscribe to news from the world of whiskey and we will inform you about current trends and the latest releases.

Join newsletter